If you would like to have a relationship with God, the Bible tells us that the first step is acknowledging that we have sinned and that there is nothing we can do to earn God's love (Romans 3:23-26). Next, we believe and confess that Jesus is Lord (Romans 10:9) and allow Him to guide our lives. Where we once wanted to control our own futures, we now invite Jesus into our hearts to be Lord over our lives.
God loves us so much that He sent His Son, Jesus, to die on the cross to pay the price for our sins and bring us into a relationship with Him. Through Him, we can know the promise of eternal life and experience the joy of knowing God here on earth. Knowing God's peace, perspective, and purpose for your life begins with a personal relationship with Jesus.
1. God's purpose is life and peace: God desires for you to have life and peace now and for all eternity."I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10b
2. Recognizing the problem: sin and separation: We were created to know, love and glorify God. When we choose to go our own way, living life in willful disobedience to God, we are choosing to be separated from God both now and for all eternity.The Bible says we are sinners…"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23 But God is love…"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 And God is also just…"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23
3. We cannot save ourselves: Because God is Holy, He cannot allow sin to enter into Heaven. Most people attempt to save themselves by their own efforts, good works or church attendance. The Bible says…"There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death." Proverbs 14:12 How then can a sinful person enter Heaven where God allows no sin?
4. We are saved by grace: The good news is... in spite of our sin, Christ died for us."For it is by grace you have been saved through faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not of works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9" But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8
5. Responding to God's gift by faith: "If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9
If you would like to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, then you can pray the following prayer to invite Him into your life:
Lord, I confess that I have sinned against You and ask You to forgive me. I'm sorry that my sin has hurt You and other people in my life. I acknowledge that I could never earn salvation by my good works, but I come to You and trust in what Jesus did for me on the cross.
I believe that You love me and that Jesus died and rose again so that I can be forgiven and come to know You. I ask You to come into my heart and be Lord of my life. I trust You with everything, and I thank You for loving me so much that I can know You here on earth and spend the rest of eternity with You in heaven.
In Jesus name,
Just like a new baby needs to be cared for and nurtured in order to grow physically, a child of God needs to be nurtured in order to grow spiritually. Here's how you can begin growing in Christ:
1. Tell someone: Tell a pastor or Christian friend who will help you grow and find your gifts of service.
2. Be baptized: This is your first act of obedience.
3. Join the church: The church is where God's family encourages and supports one another.
4. Pray and read your Bible daily: God communicates His will for your life through His Word and prayer.
Seek a godly mentor: A mentor teaches you the ways of God and how to live a holy life.